Sunday 9 March 2003

Hartleylands Farm Fishery. The Reservoir. March 9th, 2003.

Hawthorne AC club match.

HartleylandsReservoir.jpg picture by pnm123
Well I have to say that the best part about todays club match at Hartleylands Reservoir was the Breakfast at The Little Chef beforehand.
The Reservoir at Hartleylands is situated at one of the highest points of the farm, and when the wind blows you can really suffer.



Long pole is the name of the game here 12mtrs+, but with the wind being so variable from flat calm to a howling gale all day, presentation proved a nightmare with just a few small Roach as my reward for sticking it out for the first 2 hours.

It got so bad that I sat it out on the feeder for the final 3 hours! Twice the tip went round resulting in a couple of plump 2lb+ Carp. Then right on the final whistle the tip went again and I carefully played a similar Carp to the net, but at the very last second it rolled on the hooklength and was off.
At the scales I weighed 5lbs 14ozs for 5th,but that lost Carp had cost me 3rd place, which just about sums up the way my season has gone in the club matches.
Just one more club match to go at Willow Park next month and then we can do it all over again!!!!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment