Sunday 23 April 2006

Rolf's Lake, Holton, Oxfordshire. April 23rd, 2006.

Rolf’s Teams of 3. Spring League.
RolfsLakeWheatley.jpg Rolf's picture by pnm123
Well Sunday morning found me loading the kit into the car for a 60 mile trip to Rolf’s Lake in Oxfordshire where I was taking part in the Spring Teams of 3 League with Malc and Nick as part of the Fish4Wales Team.
It was dull and overcast day with the threat of rain and a fine drizzle would come and go all day leaving everything soaked by the end.

Waiting in the car park for the draw Malc decided to sort out a couple of rigs for the match ahead. Reaching into his seat box he produced this…………

Draw time and peg 14 in B section is mine and on arriving I find GaryH (milomadness) on peg 15 to keep me company, while Nick is opposite me on peg 25.
I had watched Gary Thorpe (The World Record Holder) fish this peg last year, shallow and long, so decided to try the same.
 3 hours in and with just 2 bites and 2 bumped carp to show for my efforts I was looking at the dreaded blank and decide on a change of attack. 3 big pots of hemp & pellet go in on the 10mtr line, and I went in with a rig at dead depth, alternating between pellet and bread on the hook.

That got me out of jail and I manage 6 carp at the death to pip GaryH on the next peg with 47lbs 10ozs.
Matt Nutt had the pleasure of being pegged next to Malc (complete with pink baseball cap) but still managed to bag a few, though not as many as he’s used to on this venue.

Team wise we had all struggled but with top weight between the three of us I at least relieved Malc & Nick of £1 each. As a team we managed 6th= on the day so at least we aren’t last. Just got to try and improve next Sunday.

















No comments:

Post a Comment