Sunday 16 November 2003

Framfield Fishery. Brookhouse Lake. Sunday, November 16th, 2003.


Hawthorne AC club match.


A club match at Framfield Fisheries on Brookhouse lake. At the draw we always run a football sweep to raise club funds and yours truly won it, picking up a welcome £28.
Into the draw and it’s peg 30 for me, a peg with no real form and on reaching it I have to say I wasn’t inspired, as the water was icy despite the sun the previous day and the colour appeared to be dropping out of it.

Peg 30
Well I had a plumb around but couldn’t find a feature but with the most depth at 11-13 mtrs that was going to be the line of attack. Meat is the going bait there at the moment, so it was going to be a question of just dripping in bait a little bit at a time through a kinder pot, meat at 11mtrs and caster at 13mtrs with a couple of margin swims as a get out of jail job.

Well the lake was flat calm with nothing showing, all the action took place on the opposite side of the island, with only the odd little Roach and Skimmer showing on my side.


Still Life…
It proved to be a truly uninspiring match, the highlight of which was the All-out being called I'm afraid. Come the weigh-in and I’d managed a meagre 3½lbs of small silvers for another midway finish, but there in the net lay a bit of salvation in the shape of a small Rudd of about 2ozs. We run a Fish of the Day competition ( another of our treasurers little money making schemes), and guess who won another £10 for Fish of the Day. So at least I walked away £38 better off than I’d started the day.





No comments:

Post a Comment